Did You Know?
October 07, 2019
- The water that flows over Niagra Falls in one second would last an average water customer more than 17 years.
- The cost for an average user to fill a five-gallon bucket with tap water is just $0.04.
- A leaky faucet that drips at the rate of one drip per second can waste more than 3,000 gallons each year.
- About 27 trillion gallons of groundwater are withdrawn for use in the U.S. each year.
- A leaking toilet is the most common cause of increased water usage in the average household. An easy way to check your home or business is to put a few drops of food coloring in your toilet tank. If it shows up in the bowl without flushing, it is leaking and can usually be corrected by replacing the flapper in your tank.